Stuttering 1080P

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Stuttering 1080P

Postby Nelis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 am

Hello,

Specs PC:
Dual core 2.x, 4 Gb memory, Vista 64 bit Enterprise, Nvidia Geforce 7900 256 Mb, RAID 0, 100 Mbit network, Mencoder or mencoder /avsynth

Tv:
Sony Bravia KDL-52Z5500
Z-serie
52" / 132 cm LCD TV
Full HD 1080

2 Situations:
PC -> dLAN® 200 AVplus (household electrical wiring ) -> Router (Linksys WRT54GS) -> dLAN® 200 AVplus (household electrical wiring ) -> TV

PC -> crosskabel -> PS3 -> HDMI -> TV

Both ways it is stuttering when the bitrate is above 20 Mbit? Can somebody tell me what the possible problem is?

I also tryit to first encode .mkv to mpeg 2 but when the bitrate is to high he is stuttering :-(
Nelis

Re: Stuttering 1080P

Postby meskibob » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Rules of thumb: If you have an increasing transcode buffer while the video is stuttering, your network is limiting. If it's decreasing or empty, your CPU is limiting.
Making sure you've specified a reasonable Maximum Bandwidth and Video Quality Settings under the Common Transcode settings can help mitigate either of these issues.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Nelis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 pm

meskibob wrote:Rules of thumb: If you have an increasing transcode buffer while the video is stuttering, your network is limiting. If it's decreasing or empty, your CPU is limiting.
Making sure you've specified a reasonable Maximum Bandwidth and Video Quality Settings under the Common Transcode settings can help mitigate either of these issues.

Thanks, i will try this.

The quality of my network Devolo dLAN® 200 AVplus (household electrical wiring ) says 100 a 150 Mbit. This should be enought?

Can you advice what bandwith i have to specify?
Nelis

Postby Uridium » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

By the way if your PC has a Gigabit NIC you don't need a Crossover cable between PC/PS3. Crossover is automatic on cat5e/6 between gigabit NIC's.

also the most throughput your Homeplugs will be giving is 100mb as your router ethernet ports are 100mb. Add a gigabit switch between homeplug and PC if you think you can squeeze a bit more bandwidth out of your homeplugs over your mains wiring
Uridium

Return to General Help and Support