Avisynth/Mencode + CoreAVC with YV12 etc. problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Avisynth/Mencode + CoreAVC with YV12 etc. problem

Postby Paaki » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:58 pm

1- your computer specs (cpu, memory) and the precise server version you're using
cpu T7700, 4gb memory, vista business 32-bit, quadro fx 570m 512mb
2- the network connection you are using for streaming your files (wifi, homeplugs, ethernet 100Mbits, or gigabit)
powerline ethernet
3- detailed infos on what's not working
softwares used
ps3ms beta 1.11.350 (official release makes no difference)
haali 1.9.42.1
ffdshow rev 3014 (tried also with latest rev)
coreavc 1.9.5.0 pro with cuda
avisynth 2.5.7 (tried also with versions 2.5.4... 2.5.8)

This problem is odd. I've tried to watch two episodes of Friends, both are .mkv and have hardsubs. The other one works like a charm (except for the a/v sync) but the other gives me nothing but headache as described below. I've diagnosed them with Matroskadiag and both seems to be ok. Graphstudio gives me the correct audio/video filters too.

When using avisynth/mencode (+COREAVC with video output set to YV12) to encode .mkv files, some of them is shown stretched, red/green coloured, with ghosting and the video is tilted about 45 degrees to right. The picture is unwatchable.

If I set output format ie. YUY2, the picture is somewhat watchable although the colours are inadequate and messy.

When using Mencode alone the picture is as it should be but I'm getting A/V sync problems. I've tried all (?) the tricks mentioned this forum but no luck. Added expert settings to codec, disabled/enabled various of options from transcode tab and so on.

So I presume my problem is with avisynth because mencode works alone? And what's wrong with that YV12 thing on some files??
FYI I have always two haali media splitter icons on the tray. If I watch the video with my pc there's only one.

4- if you're transcoding some videos, which engine are you using ? (mencoder, avisynth/mencoder, tsmuxer)

avisynth/mencode
5- a debug.log file excerpt, or you can zip the whole file. this file can be found in the application directory, or if you have UAC and Vista activated, likely found in the Windows temp directory

6- if you are streaming to anything other than a PS3, please mention it
PS3 with latest firmware
Attachments
notworking.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
working.zip
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
debug.zip
debug.log
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Paaki

Re: Avisynth/Mencode + CoreAVC with YV12 etc. problem

Postby Paaki » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 am

Phew, who would've thought this flood of replies I get!

Well, a/v sync problem with avisynth/mencoder has been solved and YV12-bug has moved to the right direction when I installed again Avisynth 2.5.8. Now the picture is like with ie. YUY2-output format; watchable but indeed inadequate. I also installed Helix YV12 codecpack but don't know if that had any effect.
Paaki

Postby Paaki » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 pm

I'll continue the monolog in case some of you have the same problem..

I tried changing the yv12 vcodec from windows registry but it didn't help. Tried Helix, Xvid and DivX7. So I've figured out that maybe it is the resolution of the videos. Videos that work have resolutions ie. 716x576, 720x576 and 704x576. Videos that DON'T work have resolutions like 702x576 and 718x576.

Can I force the output to 720x576 with CoreAVC and Haali?? And why is Avisynth/Mencoder incapable of scaling the resolution?
Paaki

Postby Paaki » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok, so I got it fixed. Just needed to add some commands to avisynth window in ps3ms. Though I couldn't figure out how the <sub> variable should be working b/c it doesn't follow the same logic that <moviefilename> follows. When one starts to play a movie, <moviefilename> locates the proper video file automatically but <sub> does not.. you have to add subtitles manually to the command line.
Paaki

Postby Paaki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm

This forum seems to be the shittiest I've ever written to. No replies to any questions what so ever. Keep your fucking knowledge :evil:
Paaki

Postby ExSport » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Keep cool man :shock:
ExSport

Postby otmanix » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:03 am

lie down on the floor, keep calm and relax...
It's summer time / vacation and nobody cares about streaming problems. There is little traffic in the forum, build 356 is out for a "long time", ... so don't expect a quick solution for your special CoreAVC problem.
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Return to General Help and Support