Can stream everything BUT music

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can stream everything BUT music

Postby mca47 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 am

So I'm a former WMP11 and Tversity user who just dloaded this program. Everyone I know raves about it so I decided to give it a shot.

I can stream everything BUT my music.
I can access videos, photos...but no music.
The program is showing all of my folders, but when I click on a folder for an artist it does nothing. I hit "info" and it shows there being no tracks in it...
It makes no sense to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I've shut off WMP11 streaming, I've uninstalled TVersity, and I've re-installed PS3 Media Server.

I can't figure this out and I know you guys are much more technically inclined than I am so I appreciate your help!
mca47

Re: Can stream everything BUT music

Postby meskibob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:18 am

Maybe you're hitting the folder depth limit? Try directly sharing one of your music folders, and make sure you're in the Music section of the XMB.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Can stream everything BUT music

Postby mca47 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 am

meskibob wrote:Maybe you're hitting the folder depth limit? Try directly sharing one of your music folders, and make sure you're in the Music section of the XMB.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do I directly share my "iTunes" folder?

I'm def. in my Music section, and yes....it takes quite a few folders to dig out the one with the audio files in it.

Thx!

Ooops, nevermind. I figured it out!

Thanks for the suggestion. Folder limit was it!

Thanks again!
mca47

Return to General Help and Support