Performance issue directly after start

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Performance issue directly after start

Postby ghost_zero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:14 am

Hi,

I actually mentioned this already in the latest build thread but as it is a support issue, I thought to put it here too.
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 64Bit and once I startup the PS3 Media Server it seems that I need to try and stop to watch about four to five files before it works with its normal performance.
Those four to five files are "stuttering" all few seconds which is mainly related to the point that the buffer never goes over an extremely low point and that is probably somehow related to the "PS3 Media Server" itself or the PS3 Media Server GUI because when I am watching those files the GUI reacts extremely slow.
After I have watched those four to five (or six) files it starts behaving normally, no GUI slow-down and also the buffer keeps on filling up instead of dropping again. and there is no stuttering.

Btw. I have mostly tried 720p MKV files with subtitles.

EDIT: I just noticed that this might be the wrong subforum. I guess I should have put it under the Linux subforum - my fault - maybe a mode could move this thread?
The same goes for my other thread.
ghost_zero

Re: Performance issue directly after start

Postby shagrath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:23 pm

don't think it's gui related, but rather on the first buffer data fill, which can be quite slow on Linux (don't know why, but I'm testing in a virtual machine, so maybe it's me)
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: Performance issue directly after start

Postby ghost_zero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Well: I always used another file, so it would be kinda strange for it being the first fill and as said I have to do this more than once. I also doubt it is GUI related, it is just that the GUI is responding slow too. However, not even 50% of the CPU are used and the GUI is still responding slowly.
ghost_zero

Return to General Help and Support