XBOX 360 and Multiple Networks

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

XBOX 360 and Multiple Networks

Postby jacobv81 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 am

Hey guys I was wondering if there is a way around this annoyance I have while using PMS.

My pc is on two networks. I am connected to a cable network with my ethernet and to a DSL network with my wireless card. The 360 is also connected to the DSL router using an ethernet wire. It seems the only way I can recognize the 360 from PMS is if I disable my cable network. I can re-enable it after the 360 has been found, but I was hoping there is a way to get able to connect at all times.

I have specified which networking device I want to use in PMS. I have tried forcing an IP and different ports. I have tried with windows firewall off. None of it seems to matter.

Thanks for any help and if any more info is needed please let me know.
jacobv81

Re: XBOX 360 and Multiple Networks

Postby jacobv81 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:28 am

I still cannot figure it out.

I can turn off my cable network, connect the 360 to the pms, and turn my cable network back on - But if I turn my 360 off and back on, it wont find PMS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I think I'm going to have to buy a cable router and hook my 360 to that and stop using two networks on this PC. I was hoping to avoid buying a router but I just cant find a way to make the 360 consistently find my PC with PMS while both networks are running.

Any ideas guys?
jacobv81

Re: XBOX 360 and Multiple Networks

Postby LiquidCooled » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 am

A router would probably make your life easier, that would make assigning IP's more reliable. If the only way you can get your 360 to find PMS is to switch off your cable network, then that would make me wonder about which device is set up as DHCP server, especially if it is your cable modem (?) but your PS3 is not on it's network.
LiquidCooled

Return to General Help and Support