Trouble opening "Transcode" folder

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Trouble opening "Transcode" folder

Postby Caturdayz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 pm

First of all thanks for the technology, does what I want it to, vastly superior to Tversity.

I am transcoding from a Windows XP SP3 computer, to an Xbox 360, using PS3 media server 1.10.51

1- Pentium 4 3.0, 2 gigs DDR2 ram

2- Ethernet

3- Much of the content I watch comes with multiple audio and subtitle tracks. When I load up a video, I would sometimes get English audio with English subtitles, or Japanese audio with no subtitles. It was seemingly random. I was told I could rectify this by launching the files from the #transcode# folder, but when I attempt to open that folder from the Xbox, it simply loads indefinitely, no matter how much time I give it.

4- MEncoder

Thanks for the help, if you cannot help me with opening the transcode folder, any information that would help me indicate to my 360 which audio/subtitle tracks I want played, would be helpful.

Edit: Strangely enough, I haven't had any of the reported A/V sync issues that other 360 users have had...
Attachments
debug.rar
(11.04 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Caturdayz

Re: Trouble opening "Transcode" folder

Postby LiquidCooled » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:10 pm

If you were to always want english subtitles I think you can tell PS3MS to do that under "Subtitle Settings" in MEncoder. It says you can set priorities. Sorry for sounding vague I have subtitles turned off as I don't use them, but I saw the settings.
LiquidCooled

Postby Caturdayz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 pm

I have the priorities set the way I want them, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Playing the files in VLC, they work as intended, so I know the subtitle tracks are there...
Caturdayz

Postby shagrath » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:27 am

don't see anything relevant in the log file... please try to get a debug.log with the actual browsing of the #transcode folder, or better, the launch of the file with wrong subtitles choosed
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Caturdayz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 am

Taken, after giving the transcode folder a couple of minutes to load...

On the bright side however, the audio and subtitle tracks appear to be coming up properly again.

It would seem that whenever a non-playable file is in the folder I am trying to navigate to, I run into the same issue.

I had to delete the torrent .DAT file in order to even open the folder that had the media in it.
Attachments
debug.rar
(19.31 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Caturdayz

Postby shagrath » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:03 am

mmm I don't see anything weird in the log (but it's getting late so...)
a lot of these waits can be avoided if you enable the media library (no need to launch a scan), second time you browse a folder, it's faster
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support