PS3 help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 help

Postby bigg_dawg69 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I read a post on the Tversity forum and it was tauting the greatness of this software and with all the stuttering I was getting from TV I downloaded PS3... download was smooth but as soon as I went to start the program allI go was a big red X and it was telling me that my PS3's were not on.. I'm at work and dont have the log and I know I have a quad core very fast computer, all my PS3's see the Tversity so any help...please use terms that someone like me can understand..i.e. not a computer wiz :roll:
bigg_dawg69

Re: PS3 help

Postby abr111 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 am

I'm having the same exact problem. Does ANYONE have a solution?
abr111

Re: PS3 help

Postby LiquidCooled » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am

There are several potential network problems. Have you disabled media sharing from tversity? You probably did but did you reboot your pc after installing PS3MS? You may have to allow PS3.exe through your firewall, you may also have to allow javaw.exe through your firewall. Depending on whose firewall you are using depends on how intuitive they are. None of the network settings in PS3MS should need adjusted and port forwarding is not usually required so you should not need to play with router settings. I would disable tversity and check your firewall settings first, if no luck post again and we'll try more.
Hopefully being helpful as this software is worth the effort
LiquidCooled

Return to General Help and Support