Mencoder or TsMuxer????

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Mencoder or TsMuxer????

Postby djheinz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 am

Hi...

I have been using PS3MS for a while now, and i am very inpressed about it!..

The thing is.... some movies will not show (only audio) with tsmuxer... they work with mencoder.. but i get a very much higher bitrate... and the buffer does not fill up.. and i get stuttering in the video and audio!... tsmuxer gives me much much lower bitrate... but will not show all the movies!...

i use the latest build (350)..

am i doing something wrong?... im running this on a pretty fast P4 dualcore machine with ubuntu 3Gb ram.... Raid 5 disk.. Gigabit network!...

im i missing somehing?.... i upgraded the mencoder to latest version today!...
djheinz

Re: Mencoder or TsMuxer????

Postby meskibob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:33 am

The video codec isn't PS3 compatible, so TSmuxer won't work (just remuxing). MEncoder is transcoding the video to MPEG2 which has much higher bitrates when compared to the likes of H264 and others. Use MediaInfo and the forum search to figure out what could be wrong with the video and/or what you can do about the high MEncoder bitrates (search on "stuttering").
Because this has been addressed in several other threads/topics, this thread is now locked.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support