LAN over mains

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

LAN over mains

Postby Calzor_suzay » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:05 pm

First off great app :) I've found a new use for my PS3 :D

Having the usual occasional stuttering issue, if I pause for a bit and play it's generally ok for a while again so assume it's my wireless network even though I'm transferring 720p movies.

Has anyone tried these Lan over the powersupply things and found it to be better? :geek:
Calzor_suzay

Re: LAN over mains

Postby meskibob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 am

If you searched the forums you'd see that there are several people using homeplugs with varying degrees of success (vs spec'd performance), although almost all are seeing better performance than wireless-G.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: LAN over mains

Postby booyah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

I use home plugs at 85 mbps and can stream 1080p level 4.0 in mkv, m2ts, or ts contains without any problems. I do have straight blu-ray rips in level 4.1 (m2ts) and don't experience problems. Just make sure your video is encoded in H.264, AVC, or MPEG and you shouldn't experience any problems. I use Ripbot264 for encoding any videos that come encoded as VC-1 and since I don't have a receiver that supports HDMI, I usually downconvert my audio tracks to AC3 or DTS depending on what comes on the disk. Also to squeeze the most bandwith from the home plug, I have it plugged into its own wall socket, preferably near the start of the circuit in the room. I originally ran it on a power strip and experienced some shuddering when streaming 1080p. My home plug, the brand and model escapes me at the moment (am at work ;o), is rather large in size and makes the second plug on the outlet unusable...Hope this helps....
booyah

Return to General Help and Support