TCPIP Errors

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

TCPIP Errors

Postby Trailblazer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:25 am

Hi, I have just spent the last few days playing with PMS on both vista x64 and windows 7 x64, how ever they both end up giveing me the same error after a while.. Basically once you configure it, it works exacly as it should for quite some time. then I get the TCPIP error 4227

"TCP/IP failed to establish an outgoing connection because the selected local endpoint was recently used to connect to the same remote endpoint. This error typically occurs when outgoing connections are opened and closed at a high rate, causing all available local ports to be used and forcing TCP/IP to reuse a local port for an outgoing connection. To minimize the risk of data corruption, the TCP/IP standard requires a minimum time period to elapse between successive connections from a given local endpoint to a given remote endpoint." this ends up killing the server and there is nothing you can do except to restart the service and stop and start the network card. this happend on both vista and win7. So I suppose has any one else had this issue I have found a few things about it using google but I tried that on vista and it didnt work either... So can anyone help? this error only started happening after I installed the PMS software...

Thanks....

Edit-----------------------

ok I have been playing around a bit and I have removed the service, I used to have it running as a service, so far this is what I believe to be the problem, I have been running it now for how ever many hours and not one error......

any way.... screw the service... just put it in start up.... that seems to be working for me...

Later....
Trailblazer

Return to General Help and Support