PS3 only reconizing video files from one HDD

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 only reconizing video files from one HDD

Postby krugle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:18 am

Well I just got this program earlier today and told it where to find the video files but for some reason it only shows the videos from one hard drive other than that I am very happy with this program I've been able to watch movies off my ps3 I havnt been able to watch so this is my only problem and I really hope someone could help me out with this
krugle

Re: PS3 only reconizing video files from one HDD

Postby lettcco » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:19 am

you know, punctuations can be a very helpful gestures...

anyway, do you mind describing more about how you "told it where to find the video files"? did you use the library function? or did you click the + button and add a directory on the list, like "c:/movie"?
lettcco

Postby krugle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:18 am

I used the + button to add two directories, one for my main movie folder and another on my smaller hard drive containing some series type shows. So in the end it looked like C:\users\krugle\videos and the other E:\videos and I appologize for the lack of punctuation its not exactly something I use regularly in my type of employment
krugle

Postby lettcco » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:18 pm

just a list of things you can check...

-do you have access to the drive/folder that PMS cannot see in the OS enviroment? I mean can you open it within file explorer?
-after you add a folder, did you hit the restart HTTP server button on top?
-assuming you are using window:
-try moving the folder to a drive that PMS can see. if that works, try moving it back. May be the portable drive have some kind of security measure that needs to be diable first
- you can check permission on that particular folder. trying adding "everyone" as a user in the permission list and see what happens
-disable firewall and try again
-disable UAC and try again

good luck!
lettcco

Postby krugle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:11 am

Thank you for your help I have learned that I can access the video files through the media libary sub folder but the problem I have now come across is that after a video has played through it freezes and I have to restart my ps3
krugle

Return to General Help and Support