how to lower bitrate on really high bitrate file?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

how to lower bitrate on really high bitrate file?

Postby icyfire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 am

Hi,

I have a .ts file with a VC-1 video stream and an AC3 audio stream which I ripped from an Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD. I didn't do anything other than remux the ripped HDDVD into .ts using clownbd (eac3to). I tried streaming to the PS3 via my wired 100Mbps network and while it does work, it stutters a lot. I checked the bitrate and noticed it would flucuate all the way between 50 and 120 Mbps which is obviously too fast for anything other than a gigabit network. I'm wondering whether there is anyway to lower the bitrate of the file without doing a complete reencode, either by doing something to the file or the Media Server options. Sorry, I'm a newb so I don't really fully understand the details of these things which is why I'm asking. Thanks.
icyfire

Re: how to lower bitrate on really high bitrate file?

Postby shagrath » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:43 pm

icyfire wrote: I'm wondering whether there is anyway to lower the bitrate of the file without doing a complete reencode, either by doing something to the file or the Media Server options.

not a chance, unfortunately
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support