Directory Size - DLNA Error 2006

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Directory Size - DLNA Error 2006

Postby bjr72 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 am

OK.... just a followup.... I confirmed I have the latest JAVA... went ahead and downloaded the latest snapshot, replaced the JAR file.... fired it up.... went to the bathroom.... got a beer... drank the beer... started scrolling through pictures and videos and the problem with "corrupted data" is GONE.

Thinking I was a cheap drunk...

So I started thinking... either:
a) the latest snapshot did the trick
b) I accidentally let the PS3 finish loading the ENTIRE directory BEFORE I clicked on a picture or video.

Too tired right now to figure out if it's a) or b)
It works... although it takes forever.... like 5 or 6 minutes to load the entire directory list.

Now I know why I kept reading posts about people breaking up their directories into smaller pieces. That would solve the slow loading (for one directory anyway) AND get rid of the "corrupted data" at the same time. One possibility anyway. Could also be the latest snapshot is somehow better.
bjr72

Postby vex » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:18 am

I would like to add my voice to the long list of others experiencing this problem. In my case it does not seem to be related to number of files in the particular file structure. My log file, although attached, doesn't much yield any new insights into the issue.

I experience this issue by navigating to a 2nd level folder that contains only 6 files. Each file an MP4 of about 300mb. Obviously it should not be breaking the bank with this. Another folder of the same hierarchy value has over 100 MP4 and M4V, and some in excess of 1gb, but a majority of those files show up but not all. Setting the individual folders to be individually selected through PMS does not remedy this issue. I have tried both with the HTTP V2 engine on and off, media Cache on and off, and various other settings off. I have turned bumped the Java Header Size though. I have also tried this on the latest snapshot build--no improvement.

File hierarchy example:

Drive:\[Primary/1st Level]\[Secondary/2nd Level]\File

PMS media selection:
Drive:\[Primary/1st Level]\

I have alternately tried having PMS treat each Secondary Level as a primary with the same results.
eg. PMS media selection:
Drive:\[Primary/1st Level]\[Secondary/2nd Level]\

Using the PS3.conf as the Default renderer (and rendering to a PS3).
Attachments
debug.zip
Log File
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
vex

Postby vex » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:24 am

Another piece of the puzzle: after leaving the Server running for a night I no longer appear to be suffering the 2006 error. I did turn on the cache library, per haps that's the 'cure' to the problem?
vex

Previous

Return to General Help and Support