Rewind / Fastforward not available

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Rewind / Fastforward not available

Postby arjones » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Hello, I am using PS3 Media Server and this is a wonderful peace of software! I tried several other softwares beforce trying ps3 media server and none of them worked as expected. I have just one question, I am streaming to an Xbox 360, and when I try to rewind or forward a streamed file I get "Function not available" on xbox 360. Is this a software limitation or am I missing something here? Thank you very much.
arjones

Re: Rewind / Fastforward not available

Postby shagrath » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 pm

it' s not supported on xbox, and it's hard to implement (if possible), so don't hold your breath
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby arjones » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 am

it's possible, at least the rewind... it's available on tversity for example. the forward is available as long as the video have already been transcoded and is on cache. don't know about implementation though.
arjones

Postby shagrath » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 am

arjones wrote:it's possible, at least the rewind... it's available on tversity for example. the forward is available as long as the video have already been transcoded and is on cache. don't know about implementation though.

yes, but this kind of implementation is useless if you ask me, I prefer to focus on a full one, like on the ps3, rather than doing half the work (if possible)
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support