Power Management and Windows 7

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Power Management and Windows 7

Postby sd-six » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 am

Hi,

first of all great piece of software. It works really nice.

Since i upgraded from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 i have some problems while streaming to PS3. First i watched a movie and about 25-30 minutes the picture freezed. I went back to the menu and the message Network error, DLNA 2104 appeaerd on the screen. Few seconds later i tried to start the movie again and it it begins at the same postion as before the freeze. This happens all the time. (after 25-30mins)

A few days ago i played with the power management and set the power save mode to 45 mins. Yesterday i tried another video and round about 45 mins i got a freeze. This happend twice during the movie. If i do nothing while the picture is still freezed, the movie continued playing after a few seconds. The DLNA error 2104 appears at the screen. It's just a short disconnect and after that all works perfectly again.

I enabled the option, "prevent os from sleeping". Does anybode have the same problem? Or is this option doesn't working under Win7

I added my debug.log. I used a PS3 compatible file, so it was only streaming, no transcoding. I watched a few tv-series and all played very well. I thin because they are less than 45mins.

Windows 7, 64Bit
Java 32Bit/64Bit
AMD Athlon x2 6000+
4 GB RAM

Thx for help
sd-six
Attachments
debug.zip
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
sd-six

Re: Power Management and Windows 7

Postby lettcco » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am

a little off topic but besides the ps3 media server icon on ps3, do you also see the window media player icon with the window 7 username? I tried disabling them but couldn't.
lettcco

Postby sd-six » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am

hi

don't see the windows media player icon

sd-six
sd-six

Postby burt35 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 am

hi there i have the exact same problem but it only seems to be with xvid files hd play perfectly. im running win 7 on wired 100mbit network, static ip addresses. i seem to have the issue with windows media service also. i cant actually stream xvid unless i go into the transcode folder but then it only lasts about half an hour before freezing.
burt35

Postby burt35 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 pm

have since bought a gigabit switch which has solved all my streaming problems have connected that to the 100mbit router runs great.
burt35

Return to General Help and Support