New Install

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New Install

Postby sparky » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I recently changed to PS3MS from another product and have a few queries.

Firstly I'm streaming my video over wireless (no alterntive) and wondered if there is a quick guide setup to get the best playback.

I also have a problem that when I shutdown the media server and re-launch, it does not find the PS3 unless I toggle the network settings and resave/reload.

Thanks in advance.
sparky

Re: New Install

Postby meskibob » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:02 pm

sparky wrote:Firstly I'm streaming my video over wireless (no alterntive) and wondered if there is a quick guide setup to get the best playback.
Search the forum, as there are plenty of suggestions for the Max Bandwidth and Video Quality settings for people that are using wifi. (Best answer though is to wire your connection ;))
sparky wrote:I also have a problem that when I shutdown the media server and re-launch, it does not find the PS3 unless I toggle the network settings and resave/reload.
Check your firewall. I had this issue until I added the PS3's IP to my trusted IP list.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby sparky » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:41 pm

I'll take a look, as for the trusted connection, the PS3 is already defined.
sparky

Postby sparky » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Seems like my Video settings are correct as far as the quality goes, I've a bandwidth of 15 set.

Should I be able to get away with the defaults and simply select a transcode engine from the 'transcode' folder, I do have a mixture of 2CHL stereo and 5.1 AVI files?
sparky

Return to General Help and Support