Help with language in movies

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help with language in movies

Postby Jsand0101 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 am

Hello everyone Im hoping someone can help me here. I have install this great program and everything went well except one thing. A lot of the movies i have are playing in I believe french. These same movies on my computer play like normal in english.Also have some movies that play with ther commentary's on but on my computer they play fine. Anyone know why some of these are playing in french on the PS3, and some play with commentary's on the PS3?
Things you might need to know
Running Vista 64
All movies are in .VOB format
using wireless connection
Jsand0101

Re: Help with language in movies

Postby karine123 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:50 am

u can change the language priority here :

Otherwise , go to the transcode folder and choose what u want (language and subtitle)

BR
karine123

Postby ExSport » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 pm

I am not sure but it seems that shagrath optimised PMS so now it is not needed to use EN+ENG separately(2 and 3 chars codes) and you can use only ENG for example. Is it true Shagrath?
Because I tried 3char lang code for DVD where 2char code is used and PMS correctly choosed correct one :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby Jsand0101 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:47 pm

I have set it to just English but some of these movies still play in another language or with commentary's. But if I play the same file on m y computer it plays perfect? Can anyone help????
Jsand0101

Postby meskibob » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm

VOB files should be streamed by default, so the PS3 uses the files' default audio. To select another language you need to transcode the file, which can be done manually through the #Transcode# folder or streamlined by entering VOB under the "Force transcode of following extensions" setting under the Common Transcode settings (requires that the priority settings listed above are entered correctly)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby ExSport » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

ExSport wrote:I am not sure but it seems that shagrath optimised PMS so now it is not needed to use EN+ENG separately(2 and 3 chars codes) and you can use only ENG for example. Is it true Shagrath?
Because I tried 3char lang code for DVD where 2char code is used and PMS correctly choosed correct one :mrgreen:

So, Shagrath? Can I filter 2char combinations from my Audio/Subtitles priority? ;)
Many thanks
ExSport

Postby evoryder » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I am having the same problem with my m2ts files, the only language I have specified is eng. My vob files play correctly. THe m2ts transcode files show the language as undertermined. When I scroll through using the audio button on the ps3 remote it seems to give every language but english, although it will give me the directors commentary in english. Any ideas? I am plugging directly to my samsung tv from the ps3 through hdmi. I do not have a receiver.
evoryder

Postby evoryder » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Any suggestions? If more info is needed please let me know.
evoryder

Return to General Help and Support