[Work around found] How to remove a missing mapped drive

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

[Work around found] How to remove a missing mapped drive

Postby rumplestiltskin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I had a mapped drive shared from a second computer and added the folder with PS3MS. The 2nd computer's North Bridge died and I no longer have the drive mapped. PS3MS is still looking for the mapped drive and gives me an error that it does not exist. Since it is not mapped I no longer see it in the folder list to remove. Is there any config file I can go into to remove the folder that no longer exists?

[main] 12:16:11.860 File M:\ does not exists!
[main] TRACE 12:16:11.860 [main] 12:16:11.860 File M:\ does not exists!

I think this creates issues with my media library.

I have tried a reinstall but the settings return. Is there a way to uninstall the program and remove all of the settings?

Thanks for your help.

[see post 4 for work around]
Last edited by rumplestiltskin on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rumplestiltskin

Re: help - How to remove a missing mapped drive

Postby otmanix » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:52 pm

look at pms.conf
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby rumplestiltskin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 am

I can't find the PMS.conf file. I am using version 1.10.51 right now on Vista 32.
rumplestiltskin

Postby rumplestiltskin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 pm

I found a copy of a PMS.conf file and restarted the server but the settings in the file did not take effect. Is this file only used when you run it as a service?
Anyway, I had to find a program to mount an iso image to drive M:\ and then it appeared in the list of shared folders and I could then remove it from the list. All shared drives should be listed in the program so that you can remove them if they are missing or corrupt. Maybe this should be a bug or at least a desired change request if possible.
rumplestiltskin

Return to General Help and Support