MEncoder with subtitles available results in a crash

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MEncoder with subtitles available results in a crash

Postby Wixner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello.

I was wrestling with the "perfect settings" for PMS (Currently working in 1.11.347) with tsMuxer / MEncoder and subtitles and stuff, when i stumbled upon something very annoying.
Every time I'm using the MEncoder on a movie (Only tried the MVK container so far) with embedded subtitles, the PMS shuts down with the following "error" in the log file:
"[win32/mencoder_mt.exe] TRACE 16:51:36.302 Process C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server BETA\win32\mencoder_mt.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file"

It does not matter if I'm transcoding the subtitles or not, it's enough if the subtitles are embedded in the container to kill the PMS
The movie "works" (at least the PMS stays alive) with tsMuxer (even though I might get silence or black screen due to incompatible audio/videostreams).

This phenomenon appears on every movie with embedded subtitles, and it does not matter if I disable the transcoding of subtitles. Movies withouth subtitles works perfectly withMEncoder.
Attaching a "clean" debugfile when this occured on "Army.of.Darkness.1992.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-quaz"

Edit:
I'm running on a Intel Core2Quad Q9550 with 8Gb of ram and Windows Server 2008 Standard X64 with 64bits Java installed
Attachments
debug.zip
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Wixner

Re: MEncoder with subtitles available results in a crash

Postby shagrath » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:04 pm

it's an out of memory error, decrease the transcode buffer size from 600 to 400
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Wixner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Oh. Will try this asap (the ps3 is busy at the moment, stupid ghostbusters game) and get back
Wixner

Postby Wixner » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 am

Good news :)

As you said, it works when I decrease the transcoding buffer.
Millions of thanks to you and your crew for this fantastic softare
Wixner

Return to General Help and Support