AviSynth/Mencoder not working...

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

AviSynth/Mencoder not working...

Postby qtpie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 am

I have an AVI movie with subtitle file with .sub extension in the file name. When I opened the #--TRANSCODED--# folder, I see two seperate entries. One with the "Avisynth/Mencoder" option. However, when I selected to play this option, I would get "The data is corrupted." message. I assume that this is the transcoded movie with subtitle, but I just can't seem to play it. Anybody has any idea on how to make this work.

Also, I noticed that the AviSynth/FFmpeg option under "Video Files Engines" is not working (it has the red Stop sign, instead of the green Play sign). How can I make this option work?

Thanks.
qtpie

Re: AviSynth/Mencoder not working...

Postby tinigrifi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:23 am

qtpie wrote:I have an AVI movie with subtitle file with .sub extension in the file name. When I opened the #--TRANSCODED--# folder, I see two seperate entries. One with the "Avisynth/Mencoder" option. However, when I selected to play this option, I would get "The data is corrupted." message. I assume that this is the transcoded movie with subtitle, but I just can't seem to play it. Anybody has any idea on how to make this work.

Also, I noticed that the AviSynth/FFmpeg option under "Video Files Engines" is not working (it has the red Stop sign, instead of the green Play sign). How can I make this option work?

Thanks.

Might come from VSFilter.dll not installed
Check this thread
"VSFilter.dll is not installed" bug
http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=205&p=851&hilit=VSFilter.dll#p851
tinigrifi

Postby acemt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 pm

I have the same problem, but your solution above was not the problem. thanks for trying.

Mark
acemt

Postby qtpie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 am

tinigrifi wrote:Might come from VSFilter.dll not installed
Check this thread
"VSFilter.dll is not installed" bug
http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=205&p=851&hilit=VSFilter.dll#p851

Thanks for the tips. I download VSFilter and installed it just as instructed in the other thread... and now subtitle is working great for me. Thanks again.

Now only if we can figure out how to stream 1080p MKV files in real-time without stuttering... then PMS would be a perfect media server...
qtpie

Return to General Help and Support