Use ASS Default style with overscan problem.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Use ASS Default style with overscan problem.

Postby WhyBee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:10 am

I have overscan on my widescreen tv so i'm using these options "-vf expand=-60:-60:30:30". The problem i'm having is when I have "Use ASS Default Style" enabled, the video resizes properly, but the subtitles don't resize properly for some videos i'm watching. What happens is that the font doesn't scale with the video and actually goes into the black part of the screen which has been downsized with the -vf expand option. This only happens when i'm watching a video with these certain video details listed below:

Type: Matroska Media File
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [Subtitle]

If the video doesn't have meet the above options, the font properly resizes with the video. I think its the fact that the video file is 1280x720 because smaller resolution videos using the same type, audio, and subtitle don't have this problem if I remember correctly. Any help or suggestions would be great and I will reply to suggestions with results in seeing if it helped or not so it can help eliminate issues in the future.

Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz (default clock speed), 2GB ram. Tried version 1.4 and 1.11.347 (latest build)
100MB Ethernet connection
Transcoding using Mencoder, I have avisynth installed but I don't use it because I don't know how to properly tweak it.
a debug.log file excerpt, or you can zip the whole file. this file can be found in the application directory, or if you have UAC and Vista activated, likely found in the Windows temp directory
WhyBee

Re: Use ASS Default style with overscan problem.

Postby WhyBee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 am

So nobody has a fix for this? Shagrath, is this a known issue with no fix at the moment? If so, will it be addressed in future versions?
WhyBee

Return to General Help and Support