Stuttering HD content with PS3MS but not with WMP11?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Stuttering HD content with PS3MS but not with WMP11?

Postby zamardii12 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 pm

So I made the switch from WMP11 to PS3 Media Server and am frustrated. I have a 720p movie which I was able to view flawlessly with sharing through WMP11 but now with PS3MS the videos stutter. I'm new to this, and am also trying to stream 1080p content through Media Server as well and get the same stuttering. All the standard definiton stuff plays okay but the fast forward and rewind is very slowly in responding.

So if anyone has some suggestions for settings or anything I welcome them b/c there's a lot of stuff that I don't understand there and WMP11 was really straight-forward and simple... just drag and drop what you want shared.

I googled and read some threads about 1080p streaming with PS3 media server and people were talking about something like they have "homebits" (i think) set to 150mb/s and whatever and I would like to know how to change that so I can get high definition with streaming to my PS3, b/c right now it's really frustrating. I suppose it's a setting for bandwidth but what do I need to get high bandwidth so I can stream 1080p content?So any tweaks, or settings, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The files are already transcoded and remixed with mkv2vob.

Thanks for the support.
zamardii12

Re: Stuttering HD content with PS3MS but not with WMP11?

Postby shagrath » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:48 pm

the network code handling has been changed recently, maybe can you try the latest beta (no success guaranteed though)
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: Stuttering HD content with PS3MS but not with WMP11?

Postby zamardii12 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 am

I can't find the download or the update. Where would it be?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the download but HD stuff is still stuttering.
zamardii12

Return to General Help and Support