mkv with high@5.1 h264 remux to .ts file with ps3server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

mkv with high@5.1 h264 remux to .ts file with ps3server

Postby arnevt » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi

I use a pioneer krp-500a with home media gallery onboard, & ps3 media server (you can compare the krp-500a almost with the ps3 capabilities).

If I have mkv with high@5.1 profile, remux it manually with tsmuxer to a high@4.1 profile, my tv plays just fine if I feed it through usb. This saves me time of re-encoding. Now I want to feed the mkv (unhandled) to ps3 mediaserver, and I want him to remux only using tsmuxer. the ps3 mediaserver refuses to use tsmuxer, since it has a 5.1 profile. But remuxing to 4.1 works fine in 90% of the cases. How can I force ps3mediaserver to do this?

kind regards
Arne
arnevt

Re: mkv with high@5.1 h264 remux to .ts file with ps3server

Postby shagrath » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 pm

the server checks if this is a ps3 compatible video first, level 5.1 or not
so, nothing prevents you from launching a L5.1 video with the tsmuxer engine... if you have troubles, I don't think it has something to do with the level.... what kind of troubles do you have when launching the video ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby arnevt » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:15 pm

shagrath wrote:the server checks if this is a ps3 compatible video first, level 5.1 or not
so, nothing prevents you from launching a L5.1 video with the tsmuxer engine... if you have troubles, I don't think it has something to do with the level.... what kind of troubles do you have when launching the video ?

execpt for the cpu going into reds with 1080p movies no problems. I just find it weird that a mkv with H264 & ac3 sound is not just remuxed on the fly
arnevt

Postby shagrath » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 pm

there's a ps3 limitation check in the server for now... so with a L5.1 video and a new media renderer, you maybe end to a full transcode rather than a remux... I will reduce this limitation just for ps3
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby arnevt » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 am

shagrath wrote:there's a ps3 limitation check in the server for now... so with a L5.1 video and a new media renderer, you maybe end to a full transcode rather than a remux... I will reduce this limitation just for ps3

don't get me wrong. My tv is also refusing to play l5.1 video, but the trick with tsmuxer changing levels to 4.X really works fine. Is there somewhere I can change this limitation?
arnevt

Postby shagrath » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:18 am

arnevt wrote:
shagrath wrote:there's a ps3 limitation check in the server for now... so with a L5.1 video and a new media renderer, you maybe end to a full transcode rather than a remux... I will reduce this limitation just for ps3

don't get me wrong. My tv is also refusing to play l5.1 video, but the trick with tsmuxer changing levels to 4.X really works fine. Is there somewhere I can change this limitation?

well the server is already doing the same trick by default, so there must be something else.. can you post the ouput of the tsmuxer meta file ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby arnevt » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

shagrath wrote:
arnevt wrote:

well the server is already doing the same trick by default, so there must be something else.. can you post the ouput of the tsmuxer meta file ?

in my ps3 server folder I can't find a meta file, and the manually remuxen is done by the tsmuxer gui
arnevt

Postby shagrath » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm

the meta file is in <windows temp folder>/javaps3media/ , but only when serving the video (it's removed just after)
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support