How to use PS3 Media with SONY Bravia W5500 + DNLA?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to use PS3 Media with SONY Bravia W5500 + DNLA?

Postby sarou » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi!

Sorry for my english, I am french and I would loke to use PS3 Media (The best program I think) directly on my new Sony Bravia W5500.

SO I don't know how to read directly videos muscis ans sounds...

I search PS3 MEdai and I found It but I can't acces to my folders... I think that it is impossible to communicate...

Does people can help me?

Have a nice day!
sarou

Re: How to use PS3 Media with SONY Bravia W5500 + DNLA?

Postby otmanix » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi, read this thread http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2099 and use latest PMS beta in order to use bleeding edge features like Sony Bravia support.
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby sarou » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!
I use the lastest version *.345.

I retry this night, I think that i create a bravia5500.conf, but I don't know what to insert into this file...
sarou

Postby sarou » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I take a look in PS3 Media Folder and I found different *.conf...

I try to test his night... :D :D
sarou

Postby carsten » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi,

the .345 alone will not be enough. You need to change the code and change the Bravia.conf. I think it will be
in the next beta, so you may either wait or learn how to compile a jar file.

BR,
Carsten.
carsten

Postby sarou » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 pm

So I confirm that with the last beta DNLA is ok with Bravia W5500.

But...

Poor quality of image... Between my old system : PS3 MEDIA --> PS3 --> TV and now PS3 MEDIA --> TV the image is poor, sad, pixelized...
I don't know what...???

There are some configuration to optimize quality of videos ??

This is my *.conf :

Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3}
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16
TranscodeExtensions=
StreamExtensions=
sarou

Postby sarou » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 pm

I think that the problem is a problem of format...

My PS3 will send images on 1080p mode... But PS3 Media launch in which mode when it is directly on TV ???
Can I force the mode in the *.conf ?
Can I modify another parameters on conf files ?
sarou

Postby Joe76000 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

Bonjour Sarou,

I am also owning a Sony Bravia KDL-46W5710E (same as KDL-xxW5500 with one minor make-up change) and PS3 MS is working well.
Your PS3 Media Server will recognize directly your Bravia W5500 series if you install on your PC (in my case Windows XP SP3 & Vista SP2 and Linux Ubuntu 9.04) at least the version 1.11.350 (1st implementation of Bravia) or above.

I have PS3MS v.1.11.356 installed and I can play Music, Photo and Video on my TV (PS3 MS DLNA => Bravia DLNA Client).
By default, you have access to all your PC's HDDs, so for faster access to your media files you have to enable in the "Navigation/Partage de dossiers" folder by clicking the check on the left of the "Activer la mediatheque". Then add the folders you want to access from your Bravia TV to "Dossiers partages" by clicking the big Green + (plus) button and select the desired folders.

Now, regarding the poor quality of image... I have made tests on the weakest PC I have: CPU Pentium M (1 core ) @ 1.5 GHz, RAM 2 GB which is 5 years old! Even from this one, I have a very nice playing (image + sound) of AVC Full HD (M2TS @ 1920x1080) videos on my TV with PC CPU usage always below 40%! Using a Wired 100 Mbps LAN. With a 85 Mbps Homeplug it is just a nightmare, so I thought was my poor PC not enough powerfull, but in fact was not...
The issue could be the NETWORK: WiFi g @ 54 Mbps and HomePlug @ 85 Mbps (CPL in French) are not working properly for HD video due to their limited REAL bandwidth.
So, you need to set up from best (++++) to good (+) the following type of network: Wired Giga Ethernet @ 1 Gbps LAN - Wired Fast Ethernet @ 100 Mbps - A/V HomePlug (CPL) @ 200 Mbps - WiFi n @ 108 Mbps. Don't forget if you have a bottle neck on your LAN, your real LAN speed will be limited to what this bottle neck can achieve.

Cheers.
Joe76000

Postby toby1909 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

Hi,

I've got the SONY Bravia 40v5500 TV and I also want to use PSM to read video on my macbook from the TV.

Actually, I tried yesterday and successfully saw the folders and files of my laptop. BUT each file I tried to open resulted in a "playback not available" message (actually, it was "Lecture non disponible" but, rergarding to other forums, I think the right translation is that one).

Can you please tell me if there is special configuration to apply or something to do in order to read my media files?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

PS: I'm using the beta version of PMS and it detects well my TV.
toby1909

Postby Joe76000 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello Toby1909,

As previouly written, I am using PCs (Windows & Linux), so I don't know the MAC world.
Nevertheless, to be able to dialog between your Bravia DLNA's client and your Mac, you must use at least PS3MS v.1.11.350 (or higher) on it. Before this version, PS3MS was not compatible with the Bravia (x)5500 series.

1-So, when you wrote: "I'm using the beta version of PMS and it detects well my TV.", what is the version of PS3MS you have installed on your Mac?

2- You also wrote: "I've got the SONY Bravia 40v5500 TV and I also want to use PSM to read video on my macbook from the TV."
Must be the opposite! You use your Mac with PS3MS installed on it acting as a Media Server for stremaing media data to the DLNA's client of your TV and thus play media files on it (your TV)!
MAC + PS3MS --> LAN --> Bravia DLNA Client --> TV's Screen + Loudspeakers (and not the opposite)

Please could you clarify?
Cheers.
Joe76000

Next

Return to General Help and Support