New Samsung DLNA TV B65x and B750

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New Samsung DLNA TV B65x and B750

Postby ultratoto14 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi all, i just bought a Samsung 40B650 TV with dlna support. This dlna client supports MKV and H264+AC3. No ac3 decoding but the ac3 is transferred to optical out.

I made a samsung.conf and put it in renderer. I browse my content and watch divx movies. I can start mkv or m2ts files with HD h264+ac3 but in this case, the video is accelerated.

Is there someone that know that behavior ?

Also, this tv is is in a bedroom, it is not connected to a home cinema amplifier. Do you know if it's possible to transcode to 2.0 PCM for all audio and if this option can be set for a renderer only ?

Thanks in advance.
ultratoto14

Re: New Samsung DLNA TV B65x and B750

Postby cyboman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:02 am

I have a Samsung UN55B7100
can you post the samsung.conf and any instructions that might help me get ps3 Media Server working with my TV.

Thanks in Advance
cyboman

Postby otmanix » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:07 am

Have a look at this PMS forum thread: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2099

latest PMS revision already includes samsung.conf:
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Samsung Wiselink
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Samsung Wiselink
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=wiselink
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16
TranscodeExtensions=mov
StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby ultratoto14 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 pm

I tried it and build mine but always the same result, m2ts/ts or mkv streaming, the h264 video is played too fast where the XVID/DIVX are played correctly
ultratoto14

Postby ultratoto14 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Found something, using the default samsung renderer file, if I remux manually with TSMuxer and change the FPS from 23.976 to 25 FPS (i'm french) the video is well played on the TV set (with no sound) no more speed up.
ultratoto14

Postby ultratoto14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Here are my findings:

These tv are able to play mkvs via streaming (no DTS)
To do this, just change samsung.conf:

Code: Select all
SeekByTime=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/x-matroska=video/avi
StreamExtensions=mkv,mp3,mp4,avi

Looking at the media 2.0 specs here:
http://www.samsung.com/fr/consumer/learningresources/medi2.0/usb_faq.html

It seems that the tv supports only few ts streams. I think that this is the problem with my streams, m2ts or ts files with a 23.976 fps are not well played. Only 25 fps are. As i'm in a "PAL region", i suppose that there's a link with this limitation. Also, AC3 are not supported in ts (unbelievable).

As almost all the raw streams are supported, i need to find a container (and a remuxer) to store h264+ac3 and steam to the TV.

If someone have an idea..
ultratoto14

Postby tazallec » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm

hy Toto14,

how do you manually setup the frame to 25FPS, with your hand? :P

thanks frog
tazallec

Postby copson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi Toto14,
found this thread and although it is a bit old, it is the only thing I can find that applies to my problem.

I have a B650 and have tried to find a way to stream the media I usually play. I have tested all settings in PS3 Media server but have the same problem as you describe, i.e. accelerated video and no sound when playing mkvs of 24fps. I appreciate the bypass you found for streaming the mkv to the tv untranscoded, but problem is that most of the material I have is DTS so I really want it transcoded to ac3 if it is possible...

Did you ever found a solution to this? Or are you using some other server? Or if is it impossible to get working by changing the settings someway, maybe somebody can recommend another good DLNA server that could transcode properly to a Samsung? The best I have found so far is a russian server (homemediaserver.ru). This server looks really amazing with its number of settings however the slight problem is that it is in russian :) But once you get a bit hang of the cyrillic alphabeth it is actually possible to understand most of the settings :) The transcoding to the Samsung of 24fps mkv with dts works good except for that it always stops playing after about 10 minutes for. I suspect that could to do with the server reporting wrong length of the stream to the tv but I have not managed to find a setting to change this.

Cheers!
copson

Postby patsan04 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi copson.

The program wild media server is the same as home media server but it is in english.
patsan04

Postby copson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Thank you very much for the tip! I downloading this now and hopefully it should work just as good as the Home Media Server but a bit easier to understand the settings :)
copson

Next

Return to General Help and Support