DVD streaming without VIDEO_TS subfolder?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

DVD streaming without VIDEO_TS subfolder?

Postby Eismagier » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 pm

I apologize for bothering you with this minor issue, but I have a lot of TV recordings on my hard disk that I would like to stream without reorganizing the files. They're all DVD file structures, but without the VIDEO_TS subfolder. If I move the files into VIDEO_TS subfolders, PS3 Media Server will recognize them and stream them as a DVD, if I leave them in their original folders, I can only stream individual VOBs.

Is there any way to get it to recognize a DVD structure (ifo, bup, vob) without the VIDEO_TS folder?
Eismagier

Re: DVD streaming without VIDEO_TS subfolder?

Postby eldergeek » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Not in my experience. The DVD structure includes the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders (the AUDIO_TS file is empty). If you want to make your files DVD structure compliant, try using ImgBurn..

EG
eldergeek

Postby knicknak » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 am

Sure this *could* be done - but it would be more complicated than the current implementation.
When encountering a VOB, you could definitely check to see if the rest of the folder was just like a normal VIDEO_TS folder and treat it as such.
knicknak

Postby Eismagier » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 am

Surely the easiest implementation would be going off of video_ts.ifo? Then the rest of the folder structure wouldn't matter at all.
Eismagier

Return to General Help and Support