Internet Video Streaming Issue - Data Corrupted

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Internet Video Streaming Issue - Data Corrupted

Postby bobbyJ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm

I tried searching and could not find a post with this topic so forgive me if this is an old issue. This is also posted in the linux section.

When I am trying to serve any internet streamed video, like youtube or video podcasts, to my PS3 I receive a "data corrupted" message before the file will play. This works for any video rss feed originally embedded with the program and other video rss feeds I have added later. Has anyone had this issue or any ideas for a fix? I would love to be able to watch my favorite podcasts on my big LCD tv.

I have PS3 media server running on Ubuntu 8.10 on a wired internet connection with a static IPv4 address. The PS3 and every other device on my network has a static IPv4 address as well. The PS3 media server will serve DVD .vob files flawlessly to the PS3.
bobbyJ

Re: Internet Video Streaming Issue - Data Corrupted

Postby meskibob » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:08 pm

One thread at a time please (other thread deleted). Thanks.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby bobbyJ » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm

is anyone else even having this issue?
bobbyJ

Postby MikeAndSal » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:06 pm

bobbyJ wrote:is anyone else even having this issue?

I can never get YouTube videos to play, even those in the #Transcode folder. :(

Other Internet videos are a bit hit and miss. Some work one day and the not the next day. At some point I'll take the time to look at the issue and check the debug logs for any possible pointers.

But, rest assured that it's not just you!
MikeAndSal

Return to General Help and Support