PSM freeze and some movies dont play

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM freeze and some movies dont play

Postby perfectdark » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:32 pm

I installed PSM 2 days ago and played 1 movie, i was using wireless connection on PS3

I found my router was going faulty as the wired connections like Ps3 were dropping, so i bought the dlink dir-615
I have forwarded port 5001 and ps3 wired can see psm on pc wired
i can browse folders etc. but when i play a movie it freezes for 2 seconds then plays then freezes, over and over
and a movie like terminator 3 bluray rip just displays a black screen with no sound, even if i try to play it from the transcode folder still a black screen
is there something i'm missing here?
perfectdark

Re: PSM freeze and some movies dont play

Postby perfectdark » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi,

I didn't receive any repliesso i fooled around with settings with no success

I ended up using mkv2vob and remuxed mkv into .mpg and they play quick, fast and with FF/RW no problems. But 2 movies do not play right, 28 days later and 28 days later 1080p then stutter constantly. Now i'm assuming it's the movie itself and i am trying to use ripbot to recreate it. I can't test it on my PC since my PC is only P4 3.2Ghz and can't handle 1080p video even with VLC. I don't think it has anything to do with being 1080p since my Serenity 1080p movie played flawlessly.

any ideas?while i reencode
perfectdark

Re: PSM freeze and some movies dont play

Postby perfectdark » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:40 pm

MOD please close thread.......

Update....

Re-encoded movie and still stuttering playback, tried a few other 1080p videos and all play fine so deleted the file and will try new source
perfectdark

Return to General Help and Support