Where are PS3MS settings stored? DTS lost

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Where are PS3MS settings stored? DTS lost

Postby bravedog » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:18 am

Alright, here is what happened... I have Vista x64 and I was using the latest stable release of PS3MS. However, that version uses 32-bit java, so I thought that I would be cool so I found a topic on this forum where shagrath posted a version that WOULD work with 64-bit java... and it seemed to work! However, all of my MKV's with DTS audio now only stream static. I can't live without DTS so I uninstalled the PS3MS and reverted back to the old version, but my settings stayed the same and DTS will still not work. :( I have tried to clear everything and start over, but everytime I re-install, all my PS3MS settings are the same (i.e. folder locations and everything).

Does anyone know where the PS3MS settings are stored so that I can erase that file/information? Please?

Thanks,

Sean D.
bravedog

Re: Where are PS3MS settings stored? DTS lost

Postby meskibob » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 am

Did you change Audio/Volume settings on the PS3 (from the playback menu)? Make sure it's at +0 volume and L+R channels.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby karine123 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 am

is what i do to uninstall pms ... i uninstall it and delete all the files that remain in the install. folder , some files stay for the configuration , then install it again and you will have a clean and blank setting.
karine123

Postby bravedog » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:24 pm

karine123 wrote:is what i do to uninstall pms ... i uninstall it and delete all the files that remain in the install. folder , some files stay for the configuration , then install it again and you will have a clean and blank setting.

I tried that uninstall but delete all files, but the settings still remain when I to a clean install. PMS must alter some kind of system file as well, but I don't know which one.
bravedog

Postby bravedog » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:55 pm

meskibob wrote:Did you change Audio/Volume settings on the PS3 (from the playback menu)? Make sure it's at +0 volume and L+R channels.

This fixed it. Thanks!

Also, I did find the PMS.conf file and where it used to hide, at least on Vista. I deleted it and my settings were finally restored to their defaults. I do not know where the new .conf file is stored, but build 339 is not putting it there anymore:
C:\Users\<username>\ApppData\Roaming\PMS\PMS.conf
bravedog

Return to General Help and Support