Music stops for while and then starts again

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Music stops for while and then starts again

Postby torska » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 am

Hi

Everything worked well when i started to use this but suddenly i have this problem: when i try to play music (mp3) it takes long time to start and then it plays for a while then break and then plays again. With videos i had only black screen for ages. Maybe someone can help me to fix this. Thanx

When whatcing videos buffer is on use but picture goes like really slow slide show and when playing music buffer shows empty.

Funniest thing is that i had done nothing else but updated my graphigs cards firmware and maybe ps3 firmware.

It seems something is too slow but what is it? I have cabel connection via A-Link, Windows Vista 32.

Please someone i was so happy when it worked well. I'm not genius with computers but with good tips i maybe can fix it...
torska

Re: Music stops for while and then starts again

Postby torska » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:25 am

Now in case someone else have same problem:

i changed modem settings from bridging to routing.
torska

Re: Music stops for while and then starts again

Postby rankafan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 am

torska wrote:Now in case someone else have same problem:

i changed modem settings from bridging to routing.

Why would you do that when you profess to not being a computer genius? A bridge connects two physically separated nics (that are on the same subnet, though!) and bridges them, as the term indicates, so devices on each card can communicate with each other now. A router does entirely other things.

At any rate, post a bit of a trace log, so we can see on which address PMS is running now. Seems almost you are going over an external address, now.
Gorgeous, delicious, deculture!
rankafan

Return to General Help and Support