Error DLNA 2006

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Error DLNA 2006

Postby clenfant » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, first of all, I only have Vista license (Vista Ultimate 64bits by the way).
Secondly, I'm also using my computer for others stuff, and don't wan't to reinstall everything.

And most important : it was working like a charm before ! for several months.
clenfant

Postby clenfant » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:36 am

Hello,

So, no news at all ?

I have to add that I also see "error DLNA protocol 7531"...

Am I the only one to suffer this shit ?

Cdlt.
clenfant

Postby clenfant » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 am

Well... nobody answered me, too bad.

Anyway, I fixed totally my problem.
For another reason, I had to reinstall Vista.
Miraculeously, everything was back : PSM is working like a charm (no other change).

So, conclusion, whatever the issue was, it was localized on my computer configuration, nothing to do with the network,nor the PS3.

Maybe this can help others..

Cheers.
clenfant

Postby toolio » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm

You are not alone. I also see I also see "error DLNA protocol 7531". For that reason I have never had success with PS3MS--it shows up on my PS3 with the wrong icon and the PS3 shows up in PS3MS. But no files appear on the PS3, so nothing can be played. Only the DLNA error when I click on the icon. I have tried many builds and just about everything else i can think of, with no solution. Other media servers work without this error.
toolio

Postby toolio » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Reply to my own post above.

After countless hours of nosing around, I found my problem. I hope this works for anyone else who has a similar configuration.

The culprit in my case was NETLIMITER. Disabling the Netlimiter service in Vista (control panel>administrative tools>services) allowed PS3MS to work like a charm.

I started getting suspicous when I installed Jamcast to use as a media server for my Roku Soundbridge devices and it recognized the devices but they wouldn't see the media server. I figured if two media servers weren't working properly (although all others seemed to work fine) then I must be missing something. And the something I was missing, apparently, was Netlimiter.

Now PS3MS works, and the DNLA errors are gone.
toolio

Previous

Return to General Help and Support