Audio loss on MKV playback

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Audio loss on MKV playback

Postby Lamonic » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I've got the following problem. When trying to play MKV files, the audio stutters as soon as the peak level is low. Meaning as soon as somebody is speaking in the movie or the music is pretty loud, the sound is 100% there and in sync, but for around 15% of the time the sound is gone which makes watching the movie nearly impossible to enjoy. If playing 720p or 1080p the results are the same and to the same severity. When playing xVid files everything is fine. I think it has to do something with the encoding withing PMS... I've tried several settings without any success. I've attached as much information as possible. hopefully u guys can help out.

Media playback info (contained in ZIP-file):
MKV Files see attachments - The problems ocure with both AC3 and DTS Audio Layers
xVid with AC3 Audio Layer - Playback is fine

I'm running PMS 1.20 Beta (I've been having this problem with previous versions as well)
for video Playback i've got CoreAVC up and running
Audioplayback is currently set to: MPlayer Audio (FFmpeg Audio/Audio High Fidelity bring the same results)

CPU: Q6600 Quad
RAM: 4 GB
Network is wired.

Hope u guys can help me.

Thx in advance!
Attachments
MediaInfo.zip
Mediainfo for 720p,1080p,xVid Zipped
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Lamonic

Re: Audio loss on MKV playback

Postby shagrath » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:40 am

it's a known bug, fixed in latest betas... reduce the ac3 bitrate to 256 (transcoding settings panel) for the time being
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support