my ps3 in Danger HELP!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

my ps3 in Danger HELP!

Postby imanewguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:28 am

okay i tried to use this program to copy a large video to my 3 but the file size it was copying exceeded the size of the original video so i canceled the transfer.

now, when i checked my free space it said i only had 8 gigs left! i know i should at least have 18. the most alarming part is that the air doesnt blow out of the console hard like it used to.

what should i do? i fear i may have permanently lost a lot of space and i fear my ps3's days are numbered if its fan doesnt return to normal!
imanewguy

Re: my ps3 in Danger HELP!

Postby meskibob » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:13 pm

a) The file size got larger than the original because you were transcoding, which has no fixed file size since you're dynamically converting to MPEG2 video.
b) You should be able to delete the file. If not, backup your settings/saves and then reformat.
c) It sucks about your fan. Try using some compressed air.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby imanewguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:22 pm

hmm ok. good to know. thanks!
imanewguy

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Your fan shouldn't be making high volumes of noise all the time. Could it have failed, sure but its unlikely. Make sure you are a few inches from the wall, that the fans exhaust holes are not covered up and that you clean off the dust regularly with compressed air and a cloth.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Return to General Help and Support