PSM disapears

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM disapears

Postby mjl4878 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:16 am

Ok, so i have psm setup as a service currently, but even before I ever did this i had the same problem. Basicly what is happening is my computer boots up everything works perfectly. I can stream anything I want all my files work perfectly. If i play a DVD off of the PS3 then exit out and back to the dashboard, psm is not there. The only way to get it back is to restart the service. Im running Vista 64 and I've noticed that on my XP partition that this never happens, and I haven't seen it happen with Windows 7. I'm sure this has been asked before but after searching through 10+ pages I decided to ask.
mjl4878

Re: PSM disapears

Postby mjl4878 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:00 pm

but to add more, sometimes it shows up on the ps3 sometimes it doesn't. Even if i search, about 50% of the time it finds it and starts working again, but then sometimes it doesn't
mjl4878

Re: PSM disapears

Postby meskibob » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:18 am

You need to make sure that your router is setup to allow Multicast traffic, which the PS3 uses to announce itself to the network after being turned on or coming back after a game/movie. Also, you need to make sure your software firewall on your PC allows incoming requests from the PS3's IP (to accept the PS3 M-Search announcement). On mine that involved putting the PS3's IP into the "Trusted Zone" list of IP's.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support