MKV with subs copy

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MKV with subs copy

Postby omering » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello all, I have a MKV file with only one subtitles file, when I go to it's folder I see the MKV file and a folder called "#--TRANSCODE--#", in the transcode folder there is another folder in the name of the movie, and in it there are like 5 weird files with country flags next to them... when I try to stream one of them it's the movie with the subtitles working....

well my problem is that when I try to copy the MKV file next to the TRANSCODE folder I get the movie without subs, if I try to copy the folder inside TRANSCODE it gets to up to 13GB and then it's stuck.....

Now what the hell is this TRANSCODE folder and how do I copy the movie with subs?

Hope I get help....
omering

Re: MKV with subs copy

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:34 pm

You need to copy over the version inside the #Transcode# Folder it is created a version for you with the subtitles hardcoded into it. It will drastically increase the filesize. There is no way around this. Simply copy from the transcode folder to your PS3 otherwise you won't get subtitles or you can just transcode the version with subtitles on the fly and not copy.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby omering » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Should I copy the Folder inside "#--TRANSCODE--#" or should I the MEncoder file init or any other file?

By the way thanks a lot for your help :)
omering

Postby meskibob » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:03 pm

He already answered that question...
Subject2Change wrote:You need to copy over the version inside the #Transcode# Folder...

If you want to decrease the file size you need to decrease the video quality setting and the maximum bandwidth setting.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby omering » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:08 pm

meskibob wrote:He already answered that question...
Subject2Change wrote:You need to copy over the version inside the #Transcode# Folder...

If you want to decrease the file size you need to decrease the video quality setting and the maximum bandwidth setting.

Don't really care about the size but what do you mean by "Version"?
omering

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:10 pm

uhhh the one inside the transcode folder the one with subs. You can just play it down if your network is strong enough and not bother copying it to your PS3.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby omering » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Ok I'll try copying it over the night and see how the subs work...
omering

Postby omering » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:08 am

Sorry for the double post but I just needed to bump this......
Well I copied the one that worked with subtitles over the night - it went to 10gb, copy complete, movie and sound is good, but a new problem - since the subtitles are in hebrew, there is a problem, PS3 Media Server made them from left to right instead of right to left (and I know PS3 Media Server can make it right to left since with "AVI and same subtitle name" everything works alright)... now I figured out the problem is that when I used mkvmerge I didn't define a language name for the subtitle and left it "Undefined", so I remuxed the MKV file now with the language defined as hebrew to test if it will work now, but when I go to my ps3, go to the folder of the remuxed MKV file, then go to TRANSCODE folder, then to the folder inside TRANSCODE, I try to open it, and nothing happens, it doesn't show all the files with country flags anymore.... why did that happen? and will defining the language fix the left to right problem?
omering

Postby shagrath » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:54 pm

you can also enable the fribidi option in mencoder configuration panel
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby omering » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:20 pm

shagrath wrote:you can also enable the fribidi option in mencoder configuration panel

The fribidi doesn't seem to do anything for me...
Well I just used an application made by someone to flip the whole subs direction so the PS3MS flips it back and everything looks good...

Problem solved thanks a lot to you all...
omering

Return to General Help and Support