How to read M2TS on my PC via the PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to read M2TS on my PC via the PS3

Postby ami7 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

I would like to read audio, photo and video files from my PC with my HD television.
The main point to do that is to be able to read video files created with an HD camera Canon HF10 which create M2TS files.
To do that, I've linked my TV to a Sony PS3. My PS3 is linked to my PC via a CPL connection (200Mbps) and "routeur" (note sure about the English translation). The connection run.
To use DLNA connection, I'm using Windows Media Player (Vers 11) or PS3 media server. The PS3 can see both.
Howerver:
If I can read on my TV mp3, pictures and some DivX, Windows Media Player cannot see the video files M2TS and pictures created with the Canon HF10.
PS3 media server, except mp3 files, cannot see anything. For this soft, I cannot find any manual to ensure that the installation / set-up was done correctly
Can you help me to find a solution? Solution other than WMP or PS3 MS or what need to be done to have the right setting.
I've some PC knowledge but I'm not an expert.

Thanks for your help.

Andre
ami7

Re: How to read M2TS on my PC via the PS3

Postby meskibob » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:31 pm

What are your share settings like, and have you tried directly sharing the folder containing the M2TS video(s)? Were you in the Videos section of the XMB when trying to play the MT2S file? Also, post the Debug.log file from the install directory (needs to be zipped to attach to the forum)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: How to read M2TS on my PC via the PS3

Postby ami7 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi,
Thanks for you answer.
Howerver, I'm not an expert in this area and I'm not able to understand totally your questions.
Please provide me with additional.

Thanks
ami7

Return to General Help and Support