Playing FLAC files without transcoding

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Playing FLAC files without transcoding

Postby omel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 pm

HI
Are there anyone who can help me
I have a DLNA compatible receiver and I'd love to stream FLAC files without transcoding, I've tried to put the FLAC extension in "skip transcode..." but without success, I think it receive a mp3 file and gives me follwing error "File format error"

I have tried Tversity, and this work fine with no transcoding

Omel
omel

Re: Playing FLAC files without transcoding

Postby shagrath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm

I guess it's a mime type issue... full extensions <-> mime types mapping is not yet available for custom renderers
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: Playing FLAC files without transcoding

Postby eht123 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:33 pm

I have the same issue with flac files. The "skip transcode" option doesn't seem quite right. On the PS3, files are still listed and identified as PCM (I think, not in front of it right now...), but are not recognized as unsupported until you try to play one. They also do not play correctly on my Denon receiver, which supports flac.

Using Mediatomb, if I disable transcoding, the files are correctly recognized right off by the PS3 as being unsupported. They also play correctly on the receiver.

This is on Ubuntu 8.04, using the medibuntu packages for mplayer, mencoder, and ffmpeg.

Thanks,
Eric

Outstanding piece of software, btw. Tried several others, really dig this one.
eht123

Return to General Help and Support