Not connecting to PS3 when using a new version

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not connecting to PS3 when using a new version

Postby sekhu » Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 pm

debug.zip
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
I've been happily using 1.0.4 of the PS3MS, however, when upgrading to the latest version, the PS3 is not detcted. I just get a big circular cross saying it couldn't detect a PS3.

I've port forawrded in case it was a requirement for the new versions, but even doing that I've had no success. I've made sure that I did a clean install instead of just overwriting the files for 1.0.4. I've rebooted, installed it as a service, but it just doesn't detect the PS3. When I revert back to 1.0.4 everything works again.

computer specs: Core2Quad 2.3GHz, 4GB DDR2 800 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Windows Vista Ultimate using 1.10.51 PS3MS (not working) and 1.0.4 (working)
network connection: 100/1000 Gigabit ethernet

EDIT: I enabled SSDP Service, and it works now. Is it "safe" to enable this service? And why is it that 1.0.4 works without it, but 1.10.51 doesn't?

Thanks in advance
sekhu

Re: Not connecting to PS3 when using a new version

Postby Turnip » Thu May 28, 2009 12:14 am

I had a similiar issue on my mac.

the fix:

Find out the BSD device name...i think that is the network card your pc is using .

In the General Config of PSM tab choose " Force networking interface:" make sure you have the same thing selected as the name of the network card

I dont know this will work for you but it did for me
Turnip

Postby TheLlama » Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 am

Most DLNA/UPnP servers rely on SSDP. I had to have it running when I was using TVersity, I don't think PMS is any different.
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
--Capt. Tenille
TheLlama

Postby darkdoodoo » Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 am

The latest version is my first version. I had the same issue of it saying not found. Had to leave PS3 Media Server running, then stop and restart the service manually, then the PS3 is founded!

Works everytime
darkdoodoo

Return to General Help and Support