Streaming issue when not transcoded

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Streaming issue when not transcoded

Postby clenfant » Thu May 28, 2009 9:37 am

well I find it, it think, with the extention parameter.

Maybe an interresting thing : before to change this parameter, I reboot and remake a test with an avi file : same thing : play stop after few minutes.
then I put "avi" in the extention list to force the transcode and clic on restat http button... nothing happen.

It seems, by looking into the process, that it is the javaw.exe process that is stuck.

rgds.
clenfant

Postby clenfant » Thu May 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi,

Just adding some news.
I don't why, but when I stop the PSM, it take a very long time before the PSM desepear from the PS3.
Same thing when I have to restart the PSM Http server (after changing an option for exemple), i took also a very long time to do it (I mean more than 2 or 3 minutes). The PSM interface stay inactive for a while, the icon stay displayed on the PS3 also for a while, then after several minutes, the icon disapear from PS3, and it took another very long time before it shows up again...
Something on my network parameters ?

I'm bored :(
clenfant

Postby pmos69 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 am

transcoding settings -> common transcode settings -> misc options -> force transcode for the following extensions
(you may have to resize your PMS window do be abble to see the option. It's at the bottom)
pmos69

Previous

Return to General Help and Support