ISO & MKV

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ISO & MKV

Postby Salems-Lot » Sat May 23, 2009 9:35 pm

I can't seem to get PMS to even recognise any files in either of the above formats let alone stream them.... and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Salems-Lot

Re: ISO & MKV

Postby meskibob » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Really can't help you with just the description you provided...
Can you browse to the folder (while in the XMB), but then the files don't show?
Can you see the files, but then an error message pops up when trying to play them?

Also, follow the guidelines listed here for reporting a problem: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Salems-Lot » Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 pm

EXactly -----> I can you browse to the folder (while in the XMB), but then the files don't show
Salems-Lot

Postby meskibob » Sun May 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Are you in the Video section of the XMB? Have you hit the folder-depth limit (try sharing that folder directly)?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Salems-Lot » Sun May 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm in the shared folders section where I setup my shares, I can share pretty much any other media type but ISO & MKV... could there be a codec or codecs that are not installed that I need?
Salems-Lot

Postby pmos69 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:48 pm

the shared folders section is for sharing folders.
select the folders you want to share.
supported files within those folders will be discovered by PMS and will appear when you browse the folder in the ps3
pmos69

Postby Salems-Lot » Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 pm

ok great thats working now..... next question.... when I stream a mkv file the video and audio are choppy...... are mkv files too rich in content to be streamed wirelessly?
Salems-Lot

Postby pmos69 » Sun May 24, 2009 11:13 pm

You should do some searches in the forums/browse the readme file.
It can be a number of things, from lack of cpu power to lack of network bandwidth, etc..
Some can be corrected/minimized.
Also, if you want help, you should start by posting information about your setup.
If you are using wireless, you have to, at least, choose correct settings for the mencoder quality.
pmos69

Return to General Help and Support