Stay connected

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Stay connected

Postby chrissiecool » Mon May 25, 2009 3:15 pm

hopefully this should fix DNS error 80710102
go to network settings on your PS3 then internet connection settings
select custom...keep clicking right until you get to DNS setting, click manual
set primary DNS to 208.67.222.222
set secondary DNS to 208.67.220.220
keep clicking right until you get to save your settings with X

the DNS numbers are from http://www.opendns.com/ a free service and i've tested it here with my PS3 and if anything the browser runs faster and i get connected to PSN a lot quicker so i'm leaving those settings up :D
chrissiecool

Postby Kazz » Mon May 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Awesome thanks, have applied those and give it a few days to see how it runs, working for now, thanks for the hlp nice seeing u here lol.
Kazz

Postby chrissiecool » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

my pleasure Kazz nice to see you around :D
chrissiecool

Postby Kazz » Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Waa it didnt work, now I cant sign into PSN at all today, and PSM wont show the PS3 connected icon on the app but it says in traces its connected, but its not showing on the PS3 anything

I did a test on the PS3 and it said it could not find an IP address, and failed the test completely, after another PS3 reboot, it logged into PSN, and failed once again to find PSM, I came upstairs and reset the PSM app, and its working again, why wont it just stay working? its as if when I turn off my PS3 everything resets and I need to restart my router, PC, and PS3 2 - 3 times for to be able to use PSM.

After turning my PS3 on another 4 times, I get the DNS error all the time, but PSM works, then the 5th time PSN connects, its a lot of effort to go through to watch a video lol
Kazz

Postby chrissiecool » Tue May 26, 2009 8:31 pm

:( not really sure what to suggest Kazz :( reset your PS3 network settings back to auto, delete the PMS.conf file in the PS3 Media Server folder
and if that doesn't work uninstall PS3 media server, use some kind of reg cleaner and then reinstall it....i'm using the latest beta version found here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919
chrissiecool

Previous

Return to General Help and Support