Very slow streaming

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Very slow streaming

Postby dukeboy86 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Hello guys.. first of all thanks to the creators of this software that have been doing a great job, it's such a quality product.
The media server was working quite well up until today. Last night I was freeing some space on my laptop's HD and I don't know if I deleted a file that I didn't have to. I checked today because I wanted to play a video I just had downloaded and the streaming was very very slow, up to the point that I couldn't watch nothing at all. The Media Server detects the PS3 and the Media Server icon shows up on the XMB bar and I can browse every file normally, but the problem is with the streaming. Even with music files it takes ages to play, I had to wait over 2 min to start listening to a song. I'm almost sure the problem has to do with the home network(which is wired by the way) and probably I deleted a file that wasn't meant to be deleted. I also tried working with TVersity media server and the problem's the same, but I can't figure out how to solve it. My laptop runs with vista. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1.PC Specs: AMD Turion 64 X2 2,00 GHz Processor, 2,00 GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium
2. Wired connection ethernet 100 Mbps
3. PS3 Media Server 1.10.51
dukeboy86

Return to General Help and Support