PSM stops responding after being idle for "a while"

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM stops responding after being idle for "a while"

Postby jrothlis » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi there,

First of all, thanks Shagrath for a fantastic piece of software. I've already "sold" it to a bunch of guys at work with PS3s, and they universally love it. Such an impressive piece of software! I particularly love the subtitles feature, as my girlfriend likes having them.

Anyway, my only issue is that PSM doesn't seem to "stay up" -- either running it while logged into my Windows box or as a service. By "not staying up", I mean that if I run PMS, I can connect from the PS3, play movies, etc. with no problems. However, if I leave PSM idle, the media server in PS3 is no longer there, and I have to stop and start PMS for the PS3 so see it again.

Ways of reproducing this:

- Shutting down the PS3 and turning it on again later
- Playing a game or doing anything else on the PS3

Both the above result in the media server on the PS3 just disappearing, and a scan won't find it. Only stopping and starting PMS will get things working again.

I am running PMS on Windows Server 2008.

Thanks very much, and if anyone has had this, and managed to get it sorted, I'd appreciate a hint!

Cheers,

--John
jrothlis

Return to General Help and Support