Problems connecting to Playstation Network

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problems connecting to Playstation Network

Postby klangster » Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi all,

quick question. I'm not at home so can't test this til I get back tomorrow but wondered if anyone had heard of anything similar. Recently, I've been trying to get onto the Playstation Network and getting DNS error. Now, originally, I thought it was just a glitch in the system that would pass. But it's been getting more and more prevalent over the last week. I've been checking at some of the threads online and one theory is that disbabling Media Server support might help fix this.

Now, obviously I will test this when I get back home tomorrow but just wondered if it sounds like a plausible option.

I've not used the Playstation Network for ages (don't play many games!) so can't remember if it's ever worked when the PS3 Media Server has been in effect.

Cheers,

Sean
klangster

Re: Problems connecting to Playstation Network

Postby silicon » Sat May 23, 2009 11:42 am

Are you wired or WiFi? Try power resetting your router or hub and cable box or DSL box. Renew your IP and flush your DNS in command line. See if that works. 8-)
Join My Informative & Helpful Fuss! http://gamersuniverse.bestbb.net
silicon

Re: Problems connecting to Playstation Network

Postby Uridium » Sun May 24, 2009 8:38 am

ON your PS3 go into Network settings and change your DNS settings from automatic to manual and add the DNS servers from the bottom right of this page.http://www.opendns.com/

Common probelm reported as late on PS3 forums. Nothing to do with PS3MS it's an issue with your ISP.
Uridium

Return to General Help and Support