Video Cover Art

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Video Cover Art

Postby akadennis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:42 am

akadennis wrote:Hello everyone. I just installed the ps3 media server and absolutely love it. I figured out how to do the cover art for my vob files. I can see the cover art when I stream the movie, however when I copy it to my PS3 hard drive the art reverts back to a black screen. Is it possible for the VOB file to retain the image on the PS3 hard drive? If this has been answered please forgive me. Thanks 2 anyone who responds.

anyone know the answer to this question?

thank you
akadennis

Postby delli » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 pm

I dont really know why but I could think this is the answer:
PS3 cant read the art like a computer because the computer gives the PS3 all info.
The support in PS3 compare to PC isnt the same maybe?
delli

Postby akadennis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:25 pm

delli wrote:I dont really know why but I could think this is the answer:
PS3 cant read the art like a computer because the computer gives the PS3 all info.
The support in PS3 compare to PC isnt the same maybe?

I thank you for your response. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I would love to keep the cover art on the ps3 when I copy a file over from the server. Normally all you get is the first 10 seconds of a scene.
akadennis

Postby seabass654 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm

can anyone please give detailed instructions on how to attach dvd cover art to the movies I burn using
DVDFAB6 so that I can see it on my PS3. I burn the dvds to an external harddrive connected to my computer
and use PS3 media server to play them back on the PS3. I burn them to vob files on the hard drive. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!
seabass654

Postby Uridium » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 am

seabass654 wrote:can anyone please give detailed instructions on how to attach dvd cover art to the movies I burn using
DVDFAB6 so that I can see it on my PS3. I burn the dvds to an external harddrive connected to my computer
and use PS3 media server to play them back on the PS3. I burn them to vob files on the hard drive. Any help

Drop a jpg of the movie cover art into the same folder that your movie .vob file is stored in.

i.e.

mymovie1.vob
mymovie1.jpg
Uridium

Postby Dark_Wizard » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Uridium wrote:
seabass654 wrote:can anyone please give detailed instructions on how to attach dvd cover art to the movies I burn using

Drop a jpg of the movie cover art into the same folder that your movie .vob file is stored in.

i.e.

mymovie1.vob
mymovie1.jpg

It's actually this way:

mymovie1.vob
mymovie1.vob.cover.jpg
Dark_Wizard

Previous

Return to General Help and Support