** Changed the subject-line
Thought this might interest some users of this great media server who face the DLNA 2006/7531 problem.
- Lately, while trying to browse media through the PMS icon on my PS3 I was getting the annoying DLNA protocol errors (mostly '2006' and '7531').
- These errors were very frequent (80% of the time).
* PMS version : 1.10.51
* CPU : Intel core 2 duo [centrino - 2.1 ghz]
* RAM : 3 gb
* OS : Windows vista home premium (32 bit)
* Wifi router : Linksys WRT54G [I connect laptop and PS3 through this]
* Gigabit NIC : Inbuilt [I use this to connect to an ADSL modem (wired connection) to log on to Internet]
The solution which works for me:
- I got these errors mostly when laptop was wired to the ADSL modem.
- Remove the Ethernet cable and restart comp [Just a Log-off didn't work]
- Keep the cable unplugged. No more errors after that !
As of now, I don't have the debug log to show what went wrong when ethernet cable was plugged. If needed, I can reproduce the problem and upload the log here. Adios!
[update]: It would be great to be able to use PMS and Internet at the same time. Experts, please let me know your views. Thanks.
[Solved]: Threw the Vista garbage out of my comp and installed XP. All these problems do not occur now.
Last edited by nishant80
on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:57 am, edited 5 times in total.