iTunes folder mp3's not playable

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

iTunes folder mp3's not playable

Postby Skyler » Tue May 12, 2009 2:46 pm

I recently installed PS3 media server and it works great, except that I am not able to play any MP3's in my iTunes music folder (public/shared folder). These are not protected DRM files, but regular mp3's. When I browse the folder, I get an "image not available" message and can't even view the mp3 file. So the program is looking for images even though I am browsing through the public music folder. Mp3's that are outside of this folder play fine. Anybody know why this is happening, or how to change the settings? Thanks.
Skyler

Re: iTunes folder mp3's not playable

Postby meskibob » Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 pm

You're in the music section of the XMB, right?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Skyler » Tue May 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Yes, in the music section.
Skyler

Postby meskibob » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Try the following:
1) Directly add that folder to the PMS share settings (could be hitting the folder depth limit, although I didn't think that produced an error/message)
2) Move the files to another directory with music that currently works

If 1) works, then there's nothing you can do. If 2) works or if neither work, then grab the debug.log file after attempting to browse the iTunes folder and post it here.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support