1 of my 4 cores max's out at 100% even after closing the pro

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

1 of my 4 cores max's out at 100% even after closing the pro

Postby trecky » Sun May 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi just beening trying this on my desktop pc, which normaly runs really stable,

Im runnig windows vista ultimate on Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad-Core Processor

With 4gig of memory etc, and it normaly runs gr8, have run stress tests and all comes back fine but this program runs ok for a few mins and when you start watching a film one of my 4 cores suddenly goes to 100% usage all the time, the mouse stugges up and even when I quite out of the program it stays at 100%, also my task manage doesn’t show anything running on the processes tab but I can see it on the cpu usage. Ive also tried only using 1 core instead of 4 with no luck ..any help would be cool, don’t know if this is a well known issue and sorry if it is but I did do a quick seach before posting :P.

Thx
trecky

Re: 1 of my 4 cores max's out at 100% even after closing the pro

Postby meskibob » Sun May 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm guessing it's an HD H.264 video... so check the "Enhanced multicore support for H264 HD content" option under the MEncoder transcode settings. If that doesn't work, then need more info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496 (specifically 4 and 5 since you've already provided the first three)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: 1 of my 4 cores max's out at 100% even after closing the pro

Postby trecky » Sun May 10, 2009 9:40 pm

hi, just a quick update.

sorry for not including all the info :P

ive tryed Enhanced multicore support for H264 HD content on and off, have also tryed all 3 video engines and have reinstalled a load of stuff like K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.0 Full with no luck, anyway ive got it to a point were i think its fixed ..fingers crossed :P.

the problem was the turn of display option under power settings, ive have to set it to never, ive also tuned of my screen saver, which was aurora ..im now 45mins into a avi running on Tsmuxer

also the original problem was with avi, mkv files etc but all looks fine now. so will post up some more info if inf-act its not fixed my doing this ..

ps forgot to add my graphics card to the orginal pc spec..it a gtx280 if other people are having this problem.
trecky

Return to General Help and Support