Problem with tsMuxeR not being available

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problem with tsMuxeR not being available

Postby aaroe » Fri May 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi there,

I've stumbled upon a minor problem I can't really find an explanation for.
I've been using PMS for about a month now and I've been completely amazed by the ease of use. I'm running it from my old server and everything has been smooth. It can't handle most 1080p movies with MEncoder but when I switch to tsMuxeR everything is fine. I haven't done any extra configuration after I installed PMS the first time - mainly because I haven't had to the time to sit down and do so. For the first time, I've experienced that a transcoding through tsMuxeR isn't available with a specific movie - there simply just isn't such entry. As usual my server can't handle MEncoder but I'm wondering why with this specific movie tsMuxeR doesn't apply? It still works with all my previous films and so far I know there isn't anything special about this.

Can't anyone please explain? :)

Kind regards
Christian
aaroe

Re: Problem with tsMuxeR not being available

Postby meskibob » Fri May 08, 2009 4:10 pm

TSmuxer can only process certain filetypes. PMS won't display TSmuxer as a valid transcode option if TSmuxer won't be able to process it.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby aaroe » Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Yes, I understand that. What I'm wondering about is what in two .mkv files, which seem to be of "identical" format, is differint in such a way that tsMuxeR doesn't work on it :)

Kind regards
aaroe

Postby meskibob » Sat May 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Post the MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) output for each file.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby aaroe » Sat May 09, 2009 5:50 pm

The one that's working: http://pastebin.com/m70a989a4
The one that isn't working: http://pastebin.com/m2c584576

aaroe

Postby meskibob » Sun May 10, 2009 3:13 pm

The one that's not working has too many reference frames (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1979&p=8343#p8343) so it won't work with TSmuxer anyways.
However, it still should show up as a potential file for TSmuxer since it's an .mkv with AVC and AC3...
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support