Two PS3's on one network

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Two PS3's on one network

Postby tonca » Wed May 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Does anyone know if its possible to connect two PS3's via a wired gigabit network connection to one pc running the PS3 MS and stream different movies at the same time (to the different PS3's & TV's)? I have a mate staying with me who has a second ps3 and I have connected it to my LAN. I have a PC running Vista & PS3 MS which streams all my movies to my one PS3 & that works OK all the time. When we tried streaming different movies at the same time on the different ps3's and they played for about 10 seconds before crashing the PS3 MS. I tried running two sessions of the PS3 MS, but the second session didn't detect a PS3. Thoughts?? Can I run two sessions but set one up for each PS3??

I'm running v1.10.51.
PS3's & PC connect via dlink gigabit switch
PC is a 32 bit Quad core 2GB ram
Media is stored on 1.5TB HDD
tonca

Re: Two PS3's on one network

Postby meskibob » Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm

You can stream to multiple PS3's from a single instance of PMS. I'm guessing MEncoder crashed due to a lack of available memory...
A debug log would be helpful.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support